Search the blog
follow at twitter
- RT @VicFarmrsMarkts: Which accredited farmers market will you visit this weekend? #VFMAaccredited #inseason #localfood #vfma #vicfarmersmar… 16 hours ago
- Ox the Baker Brings Old-School Sourdough to the South on Broadsheet - broadsheet.com.au/melbourne/food… 16 hours ago
- RT @elonmusk: Do want irony on social media? 16 hours ago
- The latest foodieonabike daily/read then ride! paper.li/foodieonabike/… Thanks to @kim_harding @livingstreets #walkingcities #tbt 22 hours ago
- RT @wheeledped: Bike share: the gateway to normalizing cycling, achieving critical mass (safety) and more investment. https://t.co/LcfiIpZD… 1 day ago
- The latest foodieonabike daily/read then ride! paper.li/foodieonabike/… Thanks to @bikemelbourne @BehoovingMoving @Broadsheet_Melb #sneckdown 1 day ago
Category Archives: bikes in film
A young bike rider holds off a chasing Tom Boonen, a Belgian professional road bicycle racer, in this 30-second spot made for TV.
Bicycles overrun the Champs-Élysées in Paris as the world’s most prestigious and grueling road race concludes its three week journey. For many, the Tour De France is as foreign a subject as Francois Truffaut, but the two have something in … Continue reading
Doors and bikes are a hot topic in Melbourne right now and rightly so! Here’s a lighthearted spin on the same theme.
Fight. Well, not fight, but ask, persuade, suggest, advocate, write letters and emails and be active. Above all, ride your bike. More cyclists mean an increased awareness. The video shows some of what cyclists in the Netherlands did.
By Guillaume Blanchet. After 382 days spent riding through the streets of Montreal, being sometimes quite cold, sometimes quite hot – and sometimes quite scared, he dedicates this movie to Yves Blanchet 🙂
In 1980, the late Steve Jobs drew an analogy between Apple products and a man on a bicycle. Take aminute to watch this outtake from 1980!! Watch the full 22 minute version at the Computer History Museum.
Two Mornings by Sierra Club National, with original music created for the video.
Across the Moon – E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (7/10) Movie CLIP (1982). E.T. elevates the bicycle and takes Elliott (Henry Thomas) on a ride through the nighttime sky on a bicycle.
Another video depicting just how cool it is to ride a bike! Mazes second single of the album A Thousand Heys. Director/Editor – Richard Hunter
Well lycra is banned on this blog, so is sport cycling. Why? Because I said. And because this blog is about lifestyle, utilty cycling and food. But who said you can’t admire something beautiful and this ride was indeed, beautiful!