Search the blog
follow at twitter
- The latest foodieonabike daily/read then ride! paper.li/foodieonabike/… Thanks to @ski7days @bikemelbourne @VictoriaPolice #auspol 15 minutes ago
- The latest foodieonabike daily/read then ride! paper.li/foodieonabike/… Thanks to @TheSensoryCity @SimonThomsen @BicycleDutch #houston 1 day ago
- The latest foodieonabike daily/read then ride! paper.li/foodieonabike/… Thanks to @Laneway_Esme @VictoriaPolice #cycling #mediawatch 2 days ago
- The latest foodieonabike daily/read then ride! paper.li/foodieonabike/… Thanks to @SimonThomsen @BicycleDutch #weareallbirds #climatechange 3 days ago
- The latest foodieonabike daily/read then ride! paper.li/foodieonabike/… Thanks to @kim_harding @jetsettingjoyce @mikellandmaria #virool 4 days ago
- The latest foodieonabike daily/read then ride! paper.li/foodieonabike/… Thanks to @KarlOnSea @Broadsheet_Melb @MetcalfeEliza #free #children 5 days ago
Category Archives: better bike lanes
10 of this year’s best bike advocacy videos for your viewing pleasure. Written by: Geffen Semach (Reblooged from http://momentummag.com/10-best-bike-advocacy-videos-2015/) Sometimes it takes a visual representation to get the point across. We all loved it when our teachers showed movies in class, so … Continue reading
This article by BICYCLE DUTCH has been reblogged from bicycledutch.wordpress.com. Most of the cycling infrastructure I show you on this blog has been tried and tested for years, usually even decades. Today is different. Zwolle has built a piece of … Continue reading
Catherine Ciarlo, Transportation Policy Director in the Office of Mayor Sam Adams in Portland, Oregon, explains how cycle tracks and buffered bike lanes work.
Google announced today, that the long awaited bike route toll will now be available for Auatralia. On their maps site, Google has provided direction tools for cars, public transport and walking. Bike riders had to wait … But we … Continue reading
Doors and bikes are a hot topic in Melbourne right now and rightly so! Here’s a lighthearted spin on the same theme.
Fight. Well, not fight, but ask, persuade, suggest, advocate, write letters and emails and be active. Above all, ride your bike. More cyclists mean an increased awareness. The video shows some of what cyclists in the Netherlands did.
From Streetfilms. While the Streetfilms guys were out videotaping for another Streetfilm, the Director of Transportation Initiatives took a moment to give a short explanation on what “floating parking” is, why using it is a very smart budgetary decision by the NYC … Continue reading
The Mayor of Vilnius, Artūras Zuokas is reported as taking action to “remind” car drivers to not park their cars in traffic lanes. In this case the lane was for bikes. I suppose the driver got the message. August 2, 2011 update. … Continue reading
ABC News (Australia) reports that “Researchers say they have evidence which shows mandatory helmet laws in New South Wales have worked, slashing head injuries by almost one third.” What a waste of research resources. Of course helmet use will reduce … Continue reading
See if you can relax after watching this little gem from 2wvideos!