Search the blog
follow at twitter
- The latest foodieonabike daily/read then ride! paper.li/foodieonabike/… Thanks to @ski7days @bikemelbourne @VictoriaPolice #auspol 14 minutes ago
- The latest foodieonabike daily/read then ride! paper.li/foodieonabike/… Thanks to @TheSensoryCity @SimonThomsen @BicycleDutch #houston 1 day ago
- The latest foodieonabike daily/read then ride! paper.li/foodieonabike/… Thanks to @Laneway_Esme @VictoriaPolice #cycling #mediawatch 2 days ago
- The latest foodieonabike daily/read then ride! paper.li/foodieonabike/… Thanks to @SimonThomsen @BicycleDutch #weareallbirds #climatechange 3 days ago
- The latest foodieonabike daily/read then ride! paper.li/foodieonabike/… Thanks to @kim_harding @jetsettingjoyce @mikellandmaria #virool 4 days ago
- The latest foodieonabike daily/read then ride! paper.li/foodieonabike/… Thanks to @KarlOnSea @Broadsheet_Melb @MetcalfeEliza #free #children 5 days ago
Category Archives: advocacy
10 of this year’s best bike advocacy videos for your viewing pleasure. Written by: Geffen Semach (Reblooged from http://momentummag.com/10-best-bike-advocacy-videos-2015/) Sometimes it takes a visual representation to get the point across. We all loved it when our teachers showed movies in class, so … Continue reading
This article by BICYCLE DUTCH has been reblogged from bicycledutch.wordpress.com. Most of the cycling infrastructure I show you on this blog has been tried and tested for years, usually even decades. Today is different. Zwolle has built a piece of … Continue reading
Been a bit busy lately, with bicycle advocacy, food research, travel and life, so new additions to this blog have been sparse. You can keep up to date with my world by (free) subscribing to my iPaper – foodieonabike daily/read … Continue reading
Catherine Ciarlo, Transportation Policy Director in the Office of Mayor Sam Adams in Portland, Oregon, explains how cycle tracks and buffered bike lanes work.
Doors and bikes are a hot topic in Melbourne right now and rightly so! Here’s a lighthearted spin on the same theme.
Fight. Well, not fight, but ask, persuade, suggest, advocate, write letters and emails and be active. Above all, ride your bike. More cyclists mean an increased awareness. The video shows some of what cyclists in the Netherlands did.
The foodieonabike Daily is an almost now a daily edition of aggregated content from all over, with a bias toward utility cycling, Slow Food, sustainability in our lives and good stuff about the liveable city of Melbourne in Australia.
From Streetfilms. While the Streetfilms guys were out videotaping for another Streetfilm, the Director of Transportation Initiatives took a moment to give a short explanation on what “floating parking” is, why using it is a very smart budgetary decision by the NYC … Continue reading
The Mayor of Vilnius, Artūras Zuokas is reported as taking action to “remind” car drivers to not park their cars in traffic lanes. In this case the lane was for bikes. I suppose the driver got the message. August 2, 2011 update. … Continue reading